Department Associate, Cross-Departmental
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Department Associate, Cross-Departmental
Reports to: Managing Director, Planning & Human Resources
Scope: This full-time, regular, non-exempt position is based in Washington, D.C. The Associate will have the responsibility of providing administrative support to the following CIPE Departments working closely together on administrative tasks: Human Resources, Evaluation, and Program Coordination Unit. The ideal candidate will be able to coordinate multiple detail-oriented tasks with limited supervision and work as a member of a collaborative team that supports CIPE’s global vision, mission, and values.
- Coordinate across departments regarding administrative aspects of three departments including expense report creation and reconciliation, travel coordination, vendor communication, and purchases
- Prepare routine correspondence and perform clerical duties, as needed.
- Organize, schedule, and record notes for meetings
- Create and maintain a variety of department, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Managing Director of Planning and Human Resources and other Departmental Heads
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED, and other donor policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the HR department
- Conduct or assist with new hire orientation and onboarding
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations
Program Coordination Unit:
- Support PCU APO in planning and scheduling various PCU-led tasks (donor-related and internal)
- Maintain PCU internal files as well as various tracking charts
- Provide clerical and administrative support to PCU team
- Assist with data collection, data checks, and management of project evaluation data and diagnostics by entering and tracking data into spreadsheets and statistical databases
- Assist in drafting Terms of Reference for Consultants, managing consultant contracts, and processing payments to consultants
- Provide logistical support in planning and implementing large virtual or in-person evaluation meetings, trainings, and learning exchanges
- Coordinate international travel arrangements and local meeting logistics
- Prepare meeting summaries and routine correspondence and mailings
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred
- Minimum one year of administrative office experience required. 2-3 years’ experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience conducting data entry to disburse payments to individuals, suppliers, and partners
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrix structure or cross different/multiple departments is preferred
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Strong English writing abilities, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with grants and contracts, preferred
- Flexibility to collaborate with a diverse team or work independently and deliver consistent, reliable results
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, paid family leave, life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, telework, and more! Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Holiday Party and lots of fun in between!
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed primarily indoors with occasional exposure to outdoor conditions when required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee’s Responsibility in an Emergency
The employee is expected to respond to emergency situations involving the safety of fellow employees including evacuation of the building.